- Make sure you are using a supported web browser and operating system.
- Either disable pop-up blockers or create an exception so that the browser will allow pop-ups from https://uc.sumtotal.host.
- Do not leave eCourses paused for extended periods of time. If you need to step away, exit the course until you can return. Leaving a course paused for too long may prevent it from reporting progress back to the system server. Any disruption in internet connectivity while attempting a course can prevent progress from being recorded.
- Exit a course using the Exit link from the course menu when available. If needed, wait for the course to indicate it is okay to close the browser window before doing so. Closing a course window too soon may prevent it from reporting progress back to the system server.
- Save a screenshot of your quiz results and/or completion confirmation screen.
- Enable & Clear Cookies: You can view this setting in the browser’s security dialog box. Clearing the browser's cookies can often resolve unexpected performance issues. Note, some privacy add-ons block cookies. If you have installed any add-ons, plug-ins, or toolbars in your browser, especially those designed to protect privacy by blocking cookies, these may interfere with the system's ability to record your progress and/or eCourse functionality. You may want to disable them while attempting to complete online courses or use a browser without such.
- Check Available Browser Support: For help troubleshooting browser settings mentioned above, and more, refer to your browser's support site (Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Safari).
|Recommended Settings by Browser||Recommended Settings for All Browsers|
Under Settings > Advanced > Privacy and Security > Content Settings:
Ensure you enable cookies, allow pop-ups, and do not run in compatibility mode. Edge does not require any unique setting configurations
We currently advise Mac users use Firefox or Chrome. As ITS has noted an increase of issues with Safari particularly around form buttons, rendering, interactive elements etc.
Under Options > Preferences configure the following tabs:
Additional Device Requirements:
- Devices must have a screen resolution of at least 1024x768.
- Tablets are strictly supported in landscape mode.
|Mobile Application & Device Compatibility|
Mobile phone support is restricted to the SumTotal Mobile App only. Mobile web browsers are not supported. For a demonstration of accessing and using the mobile app, see the Learner Guide. The mobile site URL is https://uc.sumtotal.host.
Some tablets are strictly supported at 1024x768 resolution and only in landscape mode.
NOTE: There are limited eCourses available via the mobile app. The app has limited functionality, e.g., registration to in-person courses is not available. We recommend using a desktop or laptop, or a tablet running Windows 10, to access the UC Learning Center.
LMS Guests, Affiliate Exceptions, POI Affiliates, and UCR students* who have never been and will NOT be active in UCPath as employees or contingent workers (volunteers, interns, temps, etc.) should use the UCLC Supplemental Profile Tool to create a user profile in the system before logging into the UC Learning Center for the first time. Use the link below to create a profile and then return to this page to log in. See the Access page for more details.
Please note, being made active in UCPath as a contingent worker or employee creates a user profile and set of training records and assignments independent of any profile created using this tool. If you think you may have multiple profiles in the system, please email email@example.com.
*Access for students who are not employees or contingent workers is restricted to the purpose of completing learning activities which UCR requires employees to complete in order to access certain facilities.
LAB SAFETY: Newly created profiles will not be able to access lab safety training until the following day, as the nightly data sync will place new users in the appropriate learning track.
What would you like to do?
Resources for Learners registering for and completing learning activities.
Resources for Managers and Learning Coordinators reviewing training and managing teams.
How do I add a learning activity to the system?
Resources for Instructors offering and managing learning activities.